Recognition of Prior Learning promotes equity of access and participation by recognising learning that happens outside of the traditional lecture theatre. This badge will enable academic staff to gain an understanding of what RPL means within their own context, reflecting on its application and potential in their institution but also in the sector in which they are working.
You’ll Learn to
- Explain the concept of RPL and reflect on its application within their own setting
- Reflect on the potential impact of RPL for an institution, its staff and students
- Identify existing policies and consider the alignment with practice
- Analyse the relationship between learning and programme outcome and RPL
On earning your open badge award for this course, you will have achieved further recognition in the following domains of the National Professional Development Framework for Staff who Teach:
- Domain 1 At the core of the domains is the centrality of ‘the Self’, recognising that the professional and personal values that the individual brings to their teaching are pivotal in their development as a teacher.
- Domain 2 Professional Identity, Values and Development in Teaching and Learning focuses on the consideration of professional and/or disciplinary identity in given contexts. The domain supports critical reflection, recognising that an individual’s professional identity can change at different stages of their career.
- Domain 4 Professional Knowledge and Skills ensures the individual remains current in terms of their professional/disciplinary knowledge and can implement teaching, learning and assessment approaches which promote active learning and are underpinned by a strong evidence base.
This open course has been developed by the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education in partnership with:
Munster Technological University
This open course is offered in two different versions of study, facilitator led or self-study.
Facilitator-led courses run at different times throughout the year and result in a digital badge. Some are entirely online, some are blended, and others face-to-face. Additional facilitator training may be provided so that you can later facilitate your own open course.
Subscribe below for updates on facilitator led Open Courses
Learn at your own pace with our on demand courses that are available online all-year-round. Self-study courses offer an on demand alternative and may result in a digital badge through our triad system of peer supported learning.
More courses you might like
Participants who viewed this open course have also viewed these courses.