A programme-focused approach to assessment encourages academic staff and students to experience their programme as a cohesive and coherent whole.
Programme teams need to engage in purposeful conversations about how, why, what, when and who questions related to the assessment of learning across the programme and consider ideas for its enhancement.
You’ll Learn to
- Discuss and investigate Programme Focussed Assessment practices in a subject/ programme.
- Debate different approaches to ‘knowing what’s going on in your programme’, such as assessment mapping, team dialogue, other evidence gathering tools
- Identify appropriate assessment design interventions for subject/ programme.
- Explore leadership of change in Programme Focussed Assessment
On earning your open badge award for this course, you will have achieved further recognition in the following domains of the National Professional Development Framework for Staff who Teach:
- Domain 3 Professional Communication and Dialogue emphasises the importance of excellent, clear and coherent communication skills within the changing learning environment.
- Domain 4 Professional Knowledge and Skills ensures the individual remains current in terms of their professional/disciplinary knowledge and can implement teaching, learning and assessment approaches which promote active learning and are underpinned by a strong evidence base.
This open course has been developed by the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education in partnership with:
Dr Ciara O’Farrell
Trinity College Dublin
Dr Cicely Roche
Trinity College Dublin
Prof Geraldine O’Neill
University College Dublin
Facilitator-led courses run at different times throughout the year and result in a digital badge. Some are entirely online, some are blended, and others face-to-face. Additional facilitator training may be provided so that you can later facilitate your own open course.
Subscribe below for updates on this course and we will notify you when registration opens.
More courses you might like
Participants who viewed this open course have also viewed these courses.
Developer Materials (OER)
All materials generated during the development of this open course have been created (or adapted, subject to licence permissions) for use under a CC BY-NC 4.0 licence as open education resources (OER).
Individuals are free to use, share, repurpose, and remix this material. Materials may include face-to-face workshop materials and eLearning materials.
Important: Individuals are required to hold an open course facilitator badge to be eligible to issue open course badges. Learn more