This open courses contains materials and a course design which institutions may use to support a mentoring programme within their own, or across institution. Equally, the badge is designed to underpin a more informal approach in supporting individuals who wish to collaborate, using peer mentoring to guide their own professional development in teaching and learning.
You’ll Learn to
- Understand a relevant professional development framework;
- Self-evaluate the nature and role of values in professional development;
- Produce a professional development portfolio aligned to the relevant professional development framework; and
- Incorporate peer feedback into their professional development
On earning your open badge award for this course, you will have achieved further recognition in the following domains of the National Professional Development Framework for Staff who Teach:
- Domain 2 Professional Identity, Values and Development in Teaching and Learning focuses on the consideration of professional and/or disciplinary identity in given contexts. The domain supports critical reflection, recognising that an individual’s professional identity can change at different stages of their career.
- Domain 3 Professional Knowledge and Skills ensures the individual remains current in terms of their professional/disciplinary knowledge and can implement teaching, learning and assessment approaches which promote active learning and are underpinned by a strong evidence base.
- Domain 4 Professional Communication and Dialogue emphasises the importance of excellent, clear and coherent communication skills within the changing learning environment.
This open course has been developed by the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education in partnership with:
Dr Lynn Ramsey
Letterkenny Institute of Technology
National University of Ireland Galway
Facilitator-led courses run at different times throughout the year and result in a digital badge. Some are entirely online, some are blended, and others face-to-face. Additional facilitator training may be provided so that you can later facilitate your own open course.
Subscribe below for updates on this course and we will notify you when registration opens.
More courses you might like
Participants who viewed this open course have also viewed these courses.
Developer Materials (OER)
All materials generated during the development of this open course have been created (or adapted, subject to licence permissions) for use under a CC BY-NC 4.0 licence as open education resources (OER).
Individuals are free to use, share, repurpose, and remix this material. Materials may include face-to-face workshop materials and eLearning materials.
Important: Individuals are required to hold an open course facilitator badge to be eligible to issue open course badges. Learn more